Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Year End Review...

WHEW! I'm so glad this year is only a few weeks from being over. I'm no pessimist but this year has been extremely challenging to say the least. I could bore you with all the gory details of how ridiculous this year was but frankly I don't want to catch myself focusing on the bad things. I am just glad that I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

...I know that it would be better not to encourage yourself with seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but to find the light within the tunnel. I know we would be better off if we could focus on the good within the bad because there can always be good in everything. Throughout the year I did do that and it most certainly helped. However, now that the year is almost over, I've got a new job, I start school soon, I moving back home in a couple months all I can say is...

THANK THE LORD THIS YEAR IS ALMOST OVER AND NEXT YEAR IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT AND BETTER! HAHA...

Sometimes I catch myself questioning "What went wrong?" "What mistakes did I make?" "Was it my fault all those things happened?" But I try not to be that psycho-analytical person. Who really knows if it's our own faults that bad things happened or if it's this fallen world we live in. It could be a little bit of both, I guess. I don't really care, honestly. I'm not perfect. I've made mistakes and I can promise you and myself they won't be the last mistakes I ever make.

So here is the positive... The last year I've met and gained several wonderful friends that I will be friends with forever I'm sure. I've learned a gazillion (Yes, I said gazillion) things about life, relationships, God, the time for independence and the time for dependence, and many practical things. I've certainly experienced alot in 2011. So I'm sure there is growth there that I haven't yet realized. I'm thankful that this very ridiculous year somehow gave me vision for what God has for my life. And musically I've learned a lot and I'm thankful that I have significantly grown as a musician.

I'm thankful that I have figured out I'll never work for another Nursing Agency for as long as I live. I ultimately did what I felt like God told me I should. Was I right or not? Who knows, but I can't argue with the fact I believed with all my heart I was doing what I thought was right.

So anyways, there it is. My year end review. It all makes me feel like I'm finishing up a marathon in the cold. Ya know, the "super glad you made it through marathon but the one that makes you think I'll never run another marathon in the cold ever again."

Yeah, Good times!. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment