Monday, December 19, 2011

Rescue Mission!

One of my most favorite mission's quotes of all time is this: "Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell; I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." These words were spoken by C.T. Studd. It might sound odd to you to wish such things or just weird that such an abrupt and somewhat graphic quote would be my favorite. I love it because it gives a picture to my greatest heart desire, to rescue those who so desperately need it and to enter into countries most wouldn't dare dream of.

This photo speaks volumes. I could stare at it for hours. In my mind it illustrates the lines of people waiting for hope and the people I plan to share hope with.




Though I was originally planning on starting missions full time this year it was in these pictures that God began to speak to my heart that I was to be a Doctor so that I could teach them who God, the real doctor, truly is.





The next few pictures were taken by Mandy Deitering. The first one I love so much. It is a picture of the moment Pastor Pat asked all the people at the Sabana Jegua Crusade to place their hand where their pain is and pray with him to receive healing.



This little girl was standing in line for prayer. She had two large abscesses about the size of my palm under where my hand is placed on her arm.



Healing and Miracles are as real today as Salvation. Just as Jesus used healing as evidence of the power of God in the Bible I know that he uses it today just the same. I've seen it with my own eyes and out of my own hands. Just like Salvation, healing is for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment