Friday, November 11, 2011

Learning from the Old.

I'm so excited about my new blog, new journeys, and fresh starts. Praise the Lord that everyday can be a new day if we so choose.

For the last, nearly 7 years I have moved and traveled many places. I have seen so many things, countries, churches, and people. Each change in my surrounding I experienced challenges, blessings, and trials. It taught me to honor and respect differences in people. I struggle to put into words how much each change has taught me about the Grace, Love, and the Compassion of our God. I have lived in three states and spent extended periods of time in different countries. Needless to say, I have come across and learned to know many different types of people. I saw the Love of God poured to each one and each culture. Sometimes we can get comfortable in our lives and the way we see things, we forget what it is like for others. We forget the magnitude of the greatness of our God. How intense his love and grace is for each of us.

I say all this to explain I used to be reluctant to admit the many places I have lived and the many things I have experienced. I am nearly 25 yet I have moved more places in the last 7 years than many adults have lived in their entire lives. I have a heart for the nations and an adventurous, spontaneous need to GO. Go anywhere, everywhere... the more dangerous, the more exciting, the better. I used to think there is something wrong with me. Fear of commitment maybe, the lack of desire to be planted, fear of obligation perhaps...

Just recently God began to taint that view. He began to play back my experiences and show me what I've learned, how I've changed, how I've grown... grown into the person of God I was intended to be. He showed me there is a difference between my fear and my readiness. I have gone at God's moment's notice. I have traveled different continents at his calling. At each place I received an equipping that will be called upon in the future. God spoke to my heart one day and he said "My dear, do not be ashamed of your past but proclaim it for those moments have made you stronger and I need that strength."

And so I continue... I continue to go at his calling and to learn from the past.

1 comment:

  1. I personally love your adventurous spirit! And I look forward to reading more! :-)

    ReplyDelete